Apple Inc. introduced three new phones including a high-end $999 phone, a new Apple Watch and a host of other new features at its special event Tuesday, its first-ever at the Steve Jobs Theater at its new “spaceship” campus.
IPhone 8 and IPhone 8 plus features :
Apple introduced its iPhone 8, with a 4.7-inch display, and iPhone 8 Plus, with a 5.5-inch display. The phones start at $699 and $799, respectively, are available for order this Friday, and are set to ship on Sept. 22.
The iPhone 8 models feature new stereo speakers, Apple’s new A11 “Bionic” chip, and have a glass on front and back. Both have a wireless charging capability and their 12-megapixel camera allows for something new called “portrait mode,” where the camera uses sensors to adjust lighting while they are framing the picture. Apple also touted the augmented reality features of the camera that allows for real-world gaming where images are overlaid on the camera screen.
IPhone X Features:
Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook invoked the iconic “One more thing…” to introduce the iPhone X, or 10. The phone, which starts at $999, sports an edge-to-edge display, dual 12-megapixel camera and stability sensors, and does away with the home button. It features a FaceID recognition feature, which unlocks the phone and can also be used with Apple Pay and third-party apps. Orders for the iPhone X begin on Oct. 27, with a Nov. 3 ship date.
The company also announced it will launch its AirPower wireless charging pad that can simultaneously charge an iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods next year.
iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Camera Specs
- The iPhone 8 will have a single 12-megapixel camera with an f/1.8 aperture.
- The iPhone 8 Plus will have dual 12-megapixel cameras. The wide angle will have an aperture of f/1.8, while the telephoto will have f/2.8.
- The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus will both have optical image stabilization, or OIS, which helps reduce motion blur due to camera shake.
- The iPhone 8 Plus has a feature called “Portrait Lighting,” which is designed to digitally simulate various lighting conditions for portraiture work.
- The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus can both shoot 4K video at up to 60 FPS, and slow-motion video at up to 1080p and 240 FPS.
iPhone X Camera Specs
- The iPhone X has nearly the same camera specs as the iPhone 8 Plus, with a dual 12-megapixel setup, f/1.8 and f/2.4 apertures. Note the iPhone X’s telephoto lens opens a bit wider than that of the iPhone 8 Plus.
- The iPhone X has dual optical image stabilization, resulting in even less motion blur.
- The iPhone X enables Portrait Mode with selfies, allowing for a blur effect that improves self-portraits.
- The iPhone X’s 5.8-inch “Super Retina” OLED display should serve as a bigger and more vibrant viewfinder and frame for your photos and videos.
Apple also introduced its Apple Watch Series 3, which starts at $329. Pre-orders start this Friday, with a ship date of Sept. 22. The new Series 3 Apple Watch will have built-in cellular capability so it doesn’t need to be connected to an iPhone. Additionally, Apple Watch’s OS4 upgrade is available Sept. 19.
Thanks for visiting techsmash.in…