If you happen to’re seeking to join Snowflake to Tableau and questioning how, you’ve come to the fitting place. It is a step-by-step overview of the way it’s accomplished, and I’ll take a generalized method that can work for many use instances.
What you’ll want
- A Tableau Cloud license (with a web site position of creator & view and save capabilities set to “allowed” on the mission)
- Snowflake Server URL (the URL from Snowflake’s traditional console)
- Snowflake username and password
Step 1: Find your dataset in Snowflake
- Find the place the desk you want to analyze in Tableau is saved inside your Snowflake occasion.
- Jot down the Warehouse title, Database title, Information schema, and Desk title (this can be particularly helpful for complicated environments with numerous information sources)
Step 2: Navigate to the Snowflake Connector in Tableau Cloud
- Log in to your Tableau Cloud web site and find the mission folder that you simply want to embed the Snowflake information supply in
- Throughout the mission folder, choose New → Revealed Information Supply → Connectors → Snowflake
Step 3: Copy and paste your Snowflake URL into the “Server” discipline
- Paste your URL into the Server discipline
- Double examine that you’re utilizing the right Snowflake URL (The URL from the traditional console in Snowflake)
Step 4: Register together with your Snowflake credentials
- Choose “Username and Password” because the authentication technique
- Fill out the remainder of the fields together with your Snowflake username and password
Step 5: Make the identical file path picks you jotted down in Step 1
- Make the identical Warehouse, Database, Schema, and Desk picks you wrote down in Step 1 (word: not all of those picks could apply to your use case)
- Double click on in your tables of curiosity so as to add them to the view
Step 6: Publish the info supply
- After you have chosen your desk of curiosity, choose the blue “Publish As…” button within the prime proper nook
- Identify your information supply and choose the situation you desire to the info supply to be saved in (it ought to default to the mission/workbook folder you initially clicked)
- If relevant, choose “Embed credentials”. This can allow anybody with entry to the workbook to eat the brand new information supply with out having to log in to Snowflake (Tableau will cross via the credentials of the one who initially configured the info supply). If this selection just isn’t chosen, customers should have their very own connection functionality to Snowflake
Step 7: Beginning visualizing!
- Congratulations! You might have efficiently revealed your Snowflake dataset and might start visualizing it in Tableau
Hopefully you discovered this step-by-step overview of find out how to join Snowflake to Tableau Cloud helpful. This generalized course of can be legitimate for many Snowflake x Tableau connections, nevertheless, additional revealed information supply customization could also be essential to your use case (comparable to configuring extracts or particular permissions). In case you have any questions on what makes essentially the most sense to your situation,.