Truecaller is filled with many possibilities other than the obvious Caller ID and block. Here are 7 things you might not have known that Truecaller can do for you!
In the previous post, you comes to know what is truecaller and how does it work. Here is the link to the previous post Is Truecaller stealing your data?
Do you have Truecaller app in your phone?
Do you know everything about Truecaller? Wants to know how to remove your phone number from Truecaller database, scroll down to number 7.
There are 7 things that you didn’t know about truecaller…
1.Block all calls starting with the same number!
Example: if a call center has phone numbers starting with +91 8043, you can block all numbers of the type +91 8043 XXXXXX. Even if they use another number from their call center, they won’t be able to reach you.
Go to settings > Block > view my block list > click + sign and select Block a number series
2.Truecaller works even when there is no internet on your device.
After the caller was identified by Truecaller once, Truecaller will still identify the caller for you even without internet connection.
3.Copy a phone number anywhere on your phone and Truecaller will quickly identify it for you.
you can even call or message the number quickly from there.
4.Profiles on Truecaller can be verified by the community and then receive a “Verified” badge!
This helps make it more difficult for a spammer to create a fake profile on Truecaller. Always look for the Verified badge!
5.When you download Truecaller, you are automatically protected against your regions top spammers.
You can check this under your block tab!
6.You can block all callers who hide their numbers who avoid displaying their identity
Are they showing ‘Unknown number’ when they call? They don’t have to get through. Plain and simple!
7. Unlist your Phone Number from the Truecaller database
Note that you can’t remove your number from the service if you are using the app. You’ll have to deactivate your own account to get your number removed. If you were hoping to get just your number removed, while seeing contact details of everyone else who calls, you’re out of luck.
If you are ready to remove Truecaller once and for all, here’s what you need to do. If you are using the app on iPhone, Android, or Windows mobile, here’s how to deactivate your Truecaller account.
Steps to deactivate your Truecaller account
Open the app > tap the people icon in the upper left corner > Settings > About > Deactivate account.
Open the app > tap the gear icon in the top right corner > About Truecaller > Scroll down > Deactivate Truecaller.
Open the app and tap the three dots in the bottom right corner > Settings > Help > Deactivate account.
Once you have deactivated your Truecaller account, you can proceed to removing your number from the service. Here’s how.
How to remove your number from Truecaller
- Go to the Truecaller unlist page.
- Enter your phone number with the correct country code. For example: +911140404040 or +919999999999.
- Tick one of the reasons for unlisting, or if you wish, type your reasons for removal in the Other form.
- Key in the verification captcha.
- Click Unlist.Truecaller claims that it removes these numbers up to 24 hours after receiving an unlist request. This doesn’t always mean that your number will stay off the service forever. We’d removed our mobile number around a year ago but it started appearing again on the service a few days ago even though we’ve never used Truecaller. Your best bet is to keep checking with Truecaller users whether they see your contact details. If they don’t, you’re good to go. If not, you can always ask them to unlist your number.
Keep visiting Techsmash.in to learn more